2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Overview of Role
Theravada UK is looking for a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer to join their dedicated IT team supporting their clients and users from their office based near Heathrow. You will work in a team responsible for delivering a high quality support services to users of all levels on a variety of IT issues including Windows OS, Office365, Azure, AWS, MS Office, Email/User Accounts, mobile devices, laptops, PCs, iOS and more.
The role is varied and the work is challenging, however we pride ourselves on service excellence and will help you reach your technical goals. The successful candidate will be organised, focused and have good attention to detail and accuracy. Strong communication and problem-solving skills will be key, as will be the ability to prioritise your workload.
Candidates must demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills, combined with a focus on customer service. You should be passionate about meeting user's requirements, using the right resources and applying commercial insight to help meet their needs. In return, you will get to work with a wide range of technologies alongside a friendly and dedicated team, in a great environment. We are looking for someone who has confidence in their abilities and an established level of IT knowledge.
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a fundamental understanding of Networking, Server configuration, Active Directory, Exchange Management, Microsoft products and virtualisation.
- At least 2 years’ experience in IT.
- Good understanding of general server, storage and networking technologies.
- Good communication skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Customer focussed.
- Able to work well as part of a team and individually.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies.
- Decision making – displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process.
- Highly motivated – sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Quality management – ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
Technical Experience Required
- Windows Desktop Exam (Windows 7+)
- Server Exam 2008 R2 (Onwards)
- Office 365 / Azure
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Networking fundamentals, although no formal qualifications are essential for this role.
- Be able to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Experience in a similar role or have excellent IT knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Office 365.
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude with a 'can do’ approach.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast past and pressured environment.
- Reliable, good work ethic and willingness to learn.
The successful candidate should have relevant work related experience, attained a good all-round standard of education and have a good knowledge of current IT technologies.
The working hours are normally Monday to Friday, between 09:00-17:30, however it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to accommodate changes to their working hours and be available to work weekends & evenings as required. The role will report directly to the CTO.