1st Line IT Support Engineer
Overview of Role
Theravada UK is looking for a 1st Line IT Support Engineer to join their dedicated IT team supporting their clients and users from their office based near Heathrow. You will be responsible for a mix of break-fix incidents and service requests from multiple clients. Working on a wide range of leading edge technologies, you will have the opportunity to further your skills and work with enthusiastic IT professionals. You will operate predominantly on our service desk where you will be responsible for providing excellent Customer Service to our clients and offering them support.
The role is varied and the work is challenging, however we pride ourselves on service excellence and will help you reach your technical goals. The successful candidate will be organised, focused and have good attention to detail and accuracy. Strong communication and problem-solving skills will be key, as will be the ability to prioritise your workload.
You should be passionate about meeting user's requirements, using the right resources and applying commercial insight to help meet their needs. In return, you will get to work with a wide range of technologies alongside a friendly and dedicated team, in a great environment. We are looking for someone who has confidence in their abilities and an established level of IT knowledge.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems associated with both software and hardware.
- Manage, categorise and prioritise all tickets from the monitoring system.
- Responsible for providing excellent Customer Service. Respond to client ticket requests either via phone or email.
- Log cases, resolve technical incidents and service requests efficiently in accordance with internal processes and procedures.
- Ensure our case management system and our customers are kept up to date.
- Develop a good understanding of our client base whilst building and maintaining good client relationships.
- Good first time fix rate.
- Maintain awareness of and follow the company procedures and guidelines, including security, regulatory and quality related matters.
- Comply with all relevant legislative and legal requirements, including industry regulations, employment law, Data Protection and Health and Safety.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested.
Technical Experience Required
- Windows Desktop Exam (Windows 7+)
- Server Exam 2008 R2 (Onwards)
- Office 365 / Azure
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Networking fundamentals, although no formal qualifications are essential for this role.
- Be able to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Experience in a similar role or have excellent IT knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Office 365.
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude with a 'can do’ approach.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast past and pressured environment.
- Reliable, good work ethic and willingness to learn.
The successful candidate should have relevant work related experience, attained a good all-round standard of education and have a good knowledge of current IT technologies.
The working hours are normally Monday to Friday, between 09:00-17:30, however it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to accommodate changes to their working hours and be available to work weekends & evenings as required. The role will report directly to the CTO.